This zero-waste filter is an excellent alternative to the traditional paper filters used in tandem with Chemex and Hario coffee makers. Coffee brewed with CoffeeSock filters are rich in aromatic oils, smooth and rich, with balanced acids. No unpleasant bitterness.
Made of organic cotton in Austin, TX. Two filters per pack.
Instructions for use:
- Initially, boil new filters in fresh water to clean and shrink for 10 minutes.
- Using your favorite method of brewing, add desired amount of coffee, and brew as is customary.
- After brewing, discard grounds (great for the compost), and thoroughly rinse filter.
- Hang filter to dry.
- Periodically, once every 4-6 weeks, boil filters in fresh water to remove accumulated coffee oils.
- If the filters are soiled with perishable food at anytime, boil for at least 5 minutes to sanitize.