the be BRIGHT is for color treated hair. Asparagus extract strengthens the hair while ginkgo biloba protects. PH Balanced / Salon Grade / Natural.
Made in house in Vernon, BC, Bottle None's shampoo and conditioner bar line up is PH balanced and formulated for different hair types. Why PH balanced? This is the type of hair care you find at the salon. Hair likes a PH range of 3.5-5.5. Using shampoo that isn’t PH balanced can damage your hair over time and result in a lot of breakage. If you've used shampoo bars before and they didn't work for you, it's likely you were using a cold pressed soap bar which is made by mixing a fat. (like olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter etc) with water and lye. This results in a product that's really high in PH and can also leave a scummy build up in the hair. You can tell by the ingredients. if they say something like "saponified olive oil" or "sodium olivate" you have a cold pressed soap. Cold pressed soap is GREAT for the body and for laundry, but not so much for your hair. You need to look for a shampoo bar that uses a mild surfactant for it to be effective.
Bottle None also supports a circular economy model! Something we are demanding more and more from the companies we carry. Here are the ways that bottle none is reducing the amount of waste from packaging:
- Producing a product in Canada that saves 3 plastic bottles per bar.
- Recycling their own waste into their travel case and soap dish!!
- Buying additional Canadian recycled plastic to create the kits
- Limited additional packaging. Their travel sets are packaged in the travel set! They are implementing stone paper as the labels which have a 65% less carbon footprint than paper labels and use no water for production. Ps they are photodegradable. (January 2020)
- End of life plan for our product. If you break it or decide not to use the travel case anymore Bottle None will take it back and break it down and reprint it into a new case.
How long do these shampoo and conditioner bars last?
70-90 washes depending on how long your hair is and how well you store them.
- let drain and dry on a soap dish after each use
- don't store in the shower, the humidity can cause the bars to erode or get softer quicker
- store in open air and not the travel cases to maximize curing
- stack the bits of the ends of bars together to get a bonus bar!
shampoo directions: lather in your hands or directly on your hair. Rinse and repeat. If you use a lot of product in your hair, professionals advise on shampooing twice. Avoid contact with the eyes.
conditioner directions: get the bar nice and hot in the shower. Massage throughout the hair and scalp. For long hair, grab a small handful and massage from root to tip. Let set in hair as long as possible.
storage instructions: after each use make sure the bar dries completely out on a soap dish. Do not store in the shower as the water and humidity can erode the bars faster. Store in the open air and not the travel containers as it will make your bar nice and hard, and last longer.
Shampoo ingredients: sodium coco isethionate, decyl glucoside, sodium lactate, cocoa butter, mango butter, jojoba oil, olive oil, nettle, chamomile, panthenol,diheptyl succinate (and) capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid,, ginkgo biloba extract, blue tansy oil, lemon oil, citric acid
Conditioner ingredients: cetyl alcohol, cocoa butter, behentrimonium methosulfate (and) cetearyl alcohol, mango butter, jojoba oil, olive oil, nettle, chamomile, charcoal, diheptyl succinate (and) capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid,vitamin E, blue tansy oil, lemon oil, citric acid
Ever struggle with a conditioner bar? So did Bottle None so they made theirs extra melty and extra big! Apparently they loooove conditioner, like really love it!