- SOAK - Put 1 to 2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with screen. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 4 to 8 hours. Drain.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 4 to 6 days. Refrigerate to store
Crunch Bean Mix is an easy to grow favorite! A blend of garbanzos (chickpeas), lentils, and peas. This mix is a great sprouted ingredient in raw hummus and stir-fries.
- 2-3 Days to Sprout
Soak Time 6-12 hours
Yield 1/2 cup yields approx. 1 cup of sprouts.
Storage: These seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last even longer!
- Garbanzos (chick peas) - Vitamins A and C Calcium, Iron, Magnesium Amino Acids Protein: 20%
- Lentils - An excellent source of folate and manganese, and a good source of thiamin, iron, phosphorus, and copper. Good source of vitamins B & C.
- Peas - Vitamins A, B, C and E, Calcium, Chlorophyll, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Amino Acids
How to sprout
- Soak 6 to 12 hours – Put 4 Tbsp. or more seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover jar with screen. Add water, swirl, and drain. Refill jar with water. Soak seeds 6 to 12 hours. Drain well and invert jar at an angle in a sink or a bowl.
- Rinse twice a day – Rinse seeds by refilling jar halfway with water and gently swirling. Drain well and invert jar.
- Enjoy! Ready to eat in 3 days – To keep fresh, refrigerate well drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.