The Crown Berkey™ System is the largest system and is ideal for large groups at home, hospitals, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies
- Accommodates: 6-12 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 300-625 people a day, during an emergency
- Constructed of: Highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Filter composition: Carbon composite containing high-grade coconut shell carbon combined with a proprietary blend of 5 other types of media.
- Storage capacity: 6 gallons (22.7 litres)
System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable to 4, 6, or 8), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 6 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Each Black Berkey filter set has a filtration life of 22,000 Litres = 44,000 500ml water bottles! That’s a retail cost of over $7000 for bottled water!
- Maximum Filters: 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey® System can purify up to 6.5 gallons (24.6 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 8 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey® System can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Black Berkey elements are self-sterilizing and re-cleanable which makes them cost-effective
- Gravity-based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Height when in use: 75 cm
- Diameter: 27.5 cm
The Black Berkey filters used in all Berkey systems take water filtration to a new level. During testing conducted by independent, EPA-approved laboratories, the Black Berkey filtered out a long list of water contaminants with never-before-seen results and significantly raised the standard for the water filter industry. As a result, Black Berkey filters are some of the most efficient filters that are currently available on the market.
When drinking water that’s been filtered using a Berkey Black filter, you can rest assured that your water is clean and safe for consumption. In fact, Black Berkey purifier elements are far more powerful compared to competitors’ water filters. We tested the filters with more than 10,000 times the concentration of harmful pathogens per liter of water than is required by industry-standard test protocols. This concentration of pathogens is so high that the water exiting the filters should be expected to contain a concentration of 100,000 or more pathogens per liter (99.99% reduction — the requirement in order to be classified for pathogenic removal). Incredibly, Berkey water filter elements removed 100% of the pathogens. After using the Black Berkey filters, absolutely no pathogens were found in the effluent or were able to be detected. This set a new standard, allowing us to classify all systems containing the Black Berkey filters as purifiers. The revolutionary Berkey purifier elements are so powerful that they can remove food coloring from water without removing any of the beneficial minerals your body needs.