The Big Berkey is one of the most popular and adaptable water filter systems on the market today. It is a great option for the home or RV. Ideal for medium-sized families from 1 to 4 people. Can be used to purify both treated and raw water.
- Accommodates: 1-4 people
- Constructed of: Highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Filter composition: Carbon composite containing high-grade coconut shell carbon combined with a proprietary blend of 5 other types of media.
- Storage capacity: 2.25 gallons (8.5 litres)
- System Includes: 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), Upper and Lower stainless steel chambers,1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Each Black Berkey filter set has a filtration life of 22,000 Litres = 44,000 500ml water bottles! That’s a retail cost of over $7000 for bottled water!
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- Black Berkey elements are self-sterilizing and re-cleanable which makes them cost-effective
- Gravity-based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Height when in use: 48.9 cm
- Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 33 cm
- Diameter: 21.6 cm
Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey® Systems are powerful, freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools or plumbing needed. Enjoy clean, delicious purified water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of less than 2 cents per gallon.
The Gold Standard in Gravity-Fed Water Purification
Berkey® Systems equipped with Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals. Each pair of long-lasting Black Berkey® Purification Elements can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement. If desired, Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed on each Black Berkey® Purification Element.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
In control and confident- Take control of your tap water. Berkey® water purification systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind.
Loving every sip- When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
Ready for any adventure– Travel the world, hit the trail or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey® water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes and ponds.
Prepared and empowered– Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey® water purification systems can purify raw, untreated water in situations where a potable source of water is not available.
Specifications for the Big Berkey® System
The 2.25 gallon Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, and is ideal for 1-4 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 2.25 gallons of purified water
- Includes 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements standard
- Expandable to 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements total
- System is 8.5″ in diameter x 19.25″ in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 9 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
Included in the box:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- 1 stainless steel lid, knob and screw
- 1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base
- 2 wing nuts, 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 2 blocking plugs
Black Berkey® Purification Filters
||203 contaminants are removed including, but not limited to; viruses (99.999%), pathogenic bacteria (99.9999%), Chloramine (below lab detectable limit), trihalomethanes (99.8%), pharmaceuticals (99.9%), pesticides (below lab detectable limit),heavy metals
||2.25 x 2.25 x 9.75 inches
||Carbon composite containing high-grade coconut shell carbon combined with a proprietary blend of 5 other types of media.
||The Black Berkey® purification element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 531
||3,000 gallons per filter. (6,000 gallons per set of 2)