The Travel Berkey® stainless steel portable water filter system is ideal for home, travel, car or RV camping, disaster or other emergency use. It is ideally sized for small households (couples or singles) and travel. Berkey systems are among the most powerful and practical water filtration systems available on the market. This powerful system cleans both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries.
- Accommodates: 1-2 people
- Constructed of: Highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Filter composition: Carbon composite containing high-grade coconut shell carbon combined with a proprietary blend of 5 other types of media.
- Storage capacity: 1.5 gallons (5.7 litres)
- System Includes: 2 Black Berkey Elements, Upper, and Lower stainless steel chambers,
- 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button
- Each Black Berkey filter set has a filtration life of 22,000 Litres = 44,000 500ml water bottles, a retail cost of over $7000 for bottled water!
- Black Berkey elements are self-sterilizing and re-cleanable which makes them cost-effective
- Gravity-based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Height when in use: 45.7 cm
- Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 30.4 cm
- Diameter: 19 cm
Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey® Systems are powerful, freestanding water filters that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense clean water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools or plumbing needed. Enjoy clean, delicious water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of less than 2 cents per gallon.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
In control and confident- Take control of your tap water. Berkey® water systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind.
Loving every sip- When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
Ready for any adventure– Travel the world, hit the trail or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey® water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes and ponds.
Prepared and empowered– Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey® water purification systems can filter raw, untreated water in situations where a potable source of water is not available.
Specifications for the Travel Berkey® System
The 1.5 gallon Travel Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Elements, and is ideal for 1-3 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 1.5 gallons of clean water
- Produces up to 2.75 gallons per hour*
- Includes 2 Black Berkey® Elements standard
- System is 7.5″ in diameter x 18″ in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 7 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
Included in the box:
- Upper and lower chambers
- 2 Black Berkey® Elements
- 1 stainless steel lid, knob and screw
- 1 spigot
- 2 wing nuts, 2 washers
- 1 priming button
Black Berkey® Filters
- Black Berkey® Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water Filtration, backed by independent testing
- Black Berkey® Elements mechanically extract waterborne pathogens while dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
- Black Berkey® Elements have been tested by accredited third-party labs that have reported that the elements exceed EPA and ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol, and address over 200+ typical contaminants found in tap water and other freshwater sources.
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- We recommend replacing Black Berkey® Elements every 3,000 gallons (6,000 per set of 2 elements). Elements may require replacement sooner based upon the quality of influent water.
- Re-cleanable during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty